cloud-init update

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 26 00:20:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Vitaly Kuznetsov <vkuznets at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/18/2012 05:47 AM, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
>> I'm still trying to reproduce Vitaly's login problem and not having much
>> luck.  :-\  Is anyone else able to do so and post logs?
>> (/var/log/cloud-init.log)
>
> Hi Garrett,
>
> I can provide you with my exact sequence, maybe it is buggy itself? :)
>
> 1) Create F17 instance (ami-2ea50247, us-east-1 for example)
> 2) Login, update cloud-init:
> sudo yum -y install
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/cloud-init/0.7.0/1.fc18/noarch/cloud-init-0.7.0-1.fc18.noarch.rpm
> 3) Change user in /etc/clouf/cloud.cfg:
>  users:
>  - ec2-user2
> 4) remove old instance data:
> sudo rm -rf /var/lib/cloud/instance /var/lib//cloud/instances/i-*
> /var/log/cloud-init.log
> 5) reboot the instance
> 6) try to login using new 'ec2-user2' user and fail :(
> 7) login with old ec2-user and examine /var/log/cloud-init.log
> 8) ec2-user2 is created, but it has no /home/ec2-user2/.ssh/authorized_keys
> file

Ah, now I see what's going on!  Thanks for the info.  It seems that
the ssh plugin simply ignores everyone that isn't the default user.
:-\  Perhaps it should grab the first user when the default one isn't
there.  I'll check with upstream and try to come up with a fix.

The stock ec2-user user works when you delete its account before you
create the image, right?

--
Garrett Holmstrom