Deploying fedora infrastructure (koji) across clouds

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 16:40:43 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

A few questions:

#1: How does this take things like ARM or other archs into the picture - ie: I am guessing we can't really build ARM on ec2? :)

#2: Could there be a way to take a (working) nightly build, build one's package against that nightly in a personal build of some sort, and somehow have a verification process that it built in that "personal build" before it goes into rawhide, etc? (or even... unit tests, etc.)?

I'm mostly thinking about things like "how to not have perpetually broken rawhide" (avoid checking in things that will likely break the build in the first place).

Re: the endless anaconda-killing-f18 thread: I know there's been some discussion about whether or not the devel process really accommodates what needs to happen with something like a full-blown anaconda re-write - and while I know that "THE CLOUD" is not the entire solution to that (there are obviously, as others have graciously pointed out, many other feature/fesco/planning/etc processes intertwined here that also need love) - it seems like having these capabilities might fit in to a solution, or at least, something on the road to a better devel/build process.

There are plenty of projects doing CI/CD - and having cloud infra makes this significantly easier to enable - though obviously not a lot of cases of people doing an OS.

-robyn