Thing 1: what do we mean when we say cloud?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 20 15:44:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:37:15AM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> >>   - On demand self-service.
> >>   - Broad network access.
> >>   - Resource pooling.
> >>   - Rapid elasticity.
> >>   - Measured service.
[...]
> I agree NIST is pretty well accepted -  I personally use Dave
> Nielsen's OSSM definition as it seems more consumable:
>
> On-demand
> Self-Service
> Scalable
> Measurable

So, for Fedora, is there a meaningful way in which this differs from the
NIST definition, or is it basically a different way of saying the same
thing?

Specifically, does this definition include anything the NIST definition
would exclude? Does it exclude anything NIST would include? (I'm not worried
about finding obscure corner cases; just in general as a working definition
for Fedora.)