Floating ip get set on the wrong physical server

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Wed Apr 3 11:36:21 UTC 2013

On 03.04.2013 12:27, Gary Kotton wrote:
> On 04/03/2013 01:35 PM, Nux! wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently testing Grizzly on EL6 from
>> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-grizzly/epel-6/
>> I'm using packstack to deploy it on 3 physical machines, one of them
>> acts also as controller, the other 2 are just nova-compute instances.
>> The problem starts when adding a floating IP to an instance, in my
>> case the floating (public) IP gets set on the controller, whereas the
>> instance is running on another physical server...
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> On which host is the nova-network running? This is what performs the
> SNAT (i.e. the floating IP support). In nova you can run this on each
> compute node for HA and scalability.

Hi Gary!

Openstack-nova-network ran only on the controller initially (this is
how packstack set it up). I did try to set up more IPs in the answers
file afterwards, but I got this:
"Parameter CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_HOST failed validation: Given host is
not in IP address format: 192.168.203.66,192.168.203.67,192.168.203.68"
I take it it doesn't like comma separated stuff (though it worked for
the COMPUTE hosts).

I have installed and started openstack-nova-network manually on the
other machines, but it did not help in any way.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro