"The server has either erred" when trying to remove floating IP

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Tue Apr 16 09:45:39 UTC 2013

On 15.04.2013 19:29, Nux! wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to remove a floating IP from a (Folsom) instance so I can
> resize it, but I'm getting this:
> ERROR: The server has either erred or is incapable of performing the
> requested operation. (HTTP 500) (Request-ID:
> req-51c1718b-8d86-4c1b-b3fa-586e14c9be5a)
>
> And this shows up in the nova-network log:
> http://fpaste.org/73KC/
>
> I have removed floating IPs many times on this installation, but
> today the above just happened out of the blue.
> Any pointers as to what's causing it?

The situation is persisting even though the server has been rebooted,
firewall stopped, all required services restarted and openstack-status
says everything is working as usual. No prior work was done on this
machine that I can relate this problem to...

Can anyone make heads or tails of the error?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro