replacing /usr/share/openstack-keystone/sample_data.sh

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Thu Apr 18 19:06:11 UTC 2013

On 04/18/2013 08:59 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 04/16/2013 02:01 PM, Dmitry Makovey wrote:
>

>> Now before I go any further in my development - was there any
>> other effort attempting to solve that same problem? I haven't found
>> anything. RH's packstack is nice but it won't work in scenarios
>> where servers are not allowed to go out and grab their own packages
>> via yum (in our case we're *pushing* them to servers from a central
>> location instead via cpacman).
>
> Dmitry,
>
> sample-data belongs to keystone, which is an OpenStack component. I'd
> ask directly at openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
> Still, I wouldn't recommend to modify it for configuration of your
> environment.
>
> It is absolutely possible to pre-install a host with all required
> packages and to configure it later via packstack, without any external
> network access.

is there any information someplace how to setup multinode OpenStack
infrastructure? What I want is 2 nova compute nodes, 2 cinder nodes,
etc. etc. etc. My impression from packstack was that it can't do that
as-is so it still means getting close and personal with "under the hood"
things. Am I wrong with that assumption?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330