Packaging cloud-image-service for EPEL

Sam Kottler skottler at redhat.com
Sat Aug 10 18:51:12 UTC 2013

Andrew + list,

I'm working on packaging the cloud-image-service repository so it can get deployed to the project infra. I've made some progress, but need a more complete understanding of how its supposed to be deployed (i.e. the fedmsg infra behind it) in order to wrap up packaging.

Right now there are "fedmsg", "fedmsgd", and setup.sh, which I believe should all be excluded from the packaging since they're vendored libraries that are currently in the git repo [1]. Is that correct? Also, right now the tool isn't easily able to be packaged as an egg - would you might include a setup.py and unifiying the takedown and upload folders into a single library?

Let me know if you need any help.

-Sam

1. https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/cloud-image-service.git