Minutes from today's (12/04/2013) cloud WG meeting

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 5 18:45:46 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 05:13:40PM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > > So we are not going to be able to do this period. you will only be
> > > able to release as Fedora itself releases.  doing periodic updated
> > > images can be doable, but we (with Release Engineering hat on) does
> > > not have any ability to do what you mention here. the Best we can
> > > do is to do
> > So, what would it take to be able to do it?
> Well the Fedora release Cycle is what it is. I do not think you can
> change that.

This is in the context of the future plans for Fedora, so we are literally
talking about changing what "as Fedora itself releases" means. The context
of this discussion is in response to the post from Phil Knirsch (from the
Base WG) post in devel asking about potential release cycle changes.

>               I think that some of the wording used is poorly chosen.
> I think you are actually talking about updates images and not release
> images. We have no way to determine how big an update set is so that

I'm not sure I understand the distinction you are making here. The images
would need to be stand-alone, with all packages included, not just updates.