Fedora 20 RC1 AMIs

Vitaly Kuznetsov vitty at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 16:07:09 UTC 2013

Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:18:56PM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> > I'm more concerned about /var/cache/yum, since that is already precreated
>> > and should already be right.
>> >
>> Any chance this is something mounted on that directory?  That the relabel is
>> not hitting the inode?
>>
>> Another option would be to just remove this directory.  Especially if there is
>> not content.  yum would recreate it on the update.
>
> Okay, I'll try that and see how it goes. But note that the fix for the other
> files was to precreate them -- I'm not... actually sure why that works, but
> it indicates that something isn't happening right when new files are created
> at runtime. I've been meaning to talk to you about that. :)

I tried installing F20 from ISO and '/var/cache/yum' has proper
'rpm_var_cache_t' context after install. It seems anaconda has hackaround for that:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/anaconda.git/tree/data/post-scripts/80-setfilecons.ks

I have an (crazy?) idea about how it happened: '/var/cache/yum' belongs
to yum and can be installed really early in the install queue before
selinux policy is installed. So it gets default 'file_t' instead of 'rpm_var_cache_t'.

--
  Vitaly Kuznetsov