Issues with devstack on both Fedora 17 and 18

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 15:13:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 03:03:43PM +0000, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>
>  wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't see anything particularly wrong with your config here. The only
> >> key difference from mine seems to be your use of Quantum+Ryu. So I guess
> >> my inclination would be to try taking this out of the equation, by trying
> >> todo a setup using just nova-network, and disable Quantum entirely. If
> >> that works, then you'll know it is something quantum related, and can then
> >> try different plugins to see if it is Ryu related or not.

> > I've seen something similar and quantum was the culprit. I don't know what
> > quantum does that messes this up but when i disabled the quantum services
> > the problem went away and when I re-enabled them the problem popped back up.
> >
> Thanks Dennis and Daniel, you are both right, it is Quantum causing this
> issue. I'll file a bug with the Quantum project and take a look at fixing this.
> I'm not sure what's causing it now, but it was getting annoying to constantly
> be seeing it. Thanks for helping me debug this!

CC me on the bug you file - I'd be very interested to find out what the
cause is. Even if quantum is what's triggering it, it smells like it might
actually be a bug in DBus - something like Quantum ought not to be able
to crash dbus after all !

My money would be on something namespace related, since IIUC, quantum
does some playing around with network namespaces at least ?

Daniel