AWS tools for Fedora

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 17 07:57:21 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-16 1:21, Danishka Navin wrote:
> i have installed following rpm but there are only few ec2 commands
>
> s3.amazonaws.com/ec2-downloads/ec2-api-tools.noarch.rpm
> <http://s3.amazonaws.com/ec2-downloads/ec2-api-tools.noarch.rpm>
>
> ec2-ami-tools-version  ec2-delete-bundle      ec2-migrate-manifest
> ec2-bundle-image       ec2-download-bundle    ec2-unbundle
> ec2-bundle-vol         ec2-migrate-bundle     ec2-upload-bundle

That URL might point to what you meant to install, but that isn't what
you actually installed.  What you installed are the AMI tools that are
used for image management.  If you're looking for command line tools for
the EC2 web service, I recommend either using euca2ools, which you can
get directly from Fedora, or ec2-api-tools from AWS.

--
Garrett Holmstrom