cloud Digest, Vol 38, Issue 21

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 27 16:46:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:29:45AM -0600, Steve Loranz wrote:
> I really wish we could get past the notion that imagefactory is just a
> REST interface to oz. What are we doing wrong on imgfac.org that leads
> people to see imagefactory this way? Maybe I should be happy about this,

Well, the one line of text that's there ("imagefactory builds images for a
variety of operating system/cloud combinations") is good, but it's pretty
high-level. Maybe another line saying something like "It builds a generic
bsae image, and uses built-in knowledge to transform that into provider
images for cloud targets like EC2, OpenStack, and vSphere".

Or some other list of targets. Which, hmmmm -- I couldn't easily find that
on the web site. Closest is the example yum install line on the right side
of the page, with a list of plugins. Maybe a little more "what exactly does
this do" would help. Possibly with pretty pictures.