F18 AMI Testing

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 4 19:33:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 04:55:59PM -0700, Tim Flink wrote:
> I completely forgot about this with all the other F18 stuff going on
> but has anyone been testing the F18 AMIs? If so, are they working? If
> not, are there bugs filed about the parts that aren't working?

I have been, although with a lot of packages changing underneath right up to
the last minute they have not been given a thorough workout.

The AMI ID of the TC3 build is ami-3d2fa254, and you can definitely look at
that, but Release Engineering should be cooking up a newer version based on
RC1 any minute now and it'd obviously be more useful to test that. Will post
(or Dennis will) when they're available.

Not coincidentally at all, I'm working on a proposal for doing nightly
images in a more automated fashion for F18, and getting those images tested
in a more regular way. Your suggestions welcome. (Rough idea: automatically
build in koji either nightly or weekly. Automatically push to Fedora local
cloud and run unit tests. Also, AMIs available in Amazon at alpha and beta.)