Problems mirroring http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/*

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Tue Jan 8 11:23:00 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 10:32 AM, Jan van Eldik wrote:
> Happy New Year to all!
>
> We are using mrepo to mirror from http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack. However, mrepo chokes on these links:
>

> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-grizzly/fedora-17/SRPMS/
>
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-folsom/fedora-17/SRPMS/
>
> They seem to point to empty subdirectories.
>
> I am not sure why mrepo chokes on them, but I am not sure if these empty directories are useful either. Other repo's (like openstack-grizzly/epel-6/) do not seem to have such a SRPMS subdir.
>
>              thanks, cheers, Jan

The directories aren't empty.
They have a .htaccess with a redirect (to the parent dir) for compatability.
This was done when I consolidated the Fedora and EPEL repos
to have the same structure with non separated RPMs and SRPMs.

I can see how redirects like could be an issue for mirroring tools.
Should I just remove the SRPMS dir and not worry about compat?
Alternatively if you have a fedorapeople.org a/c you could:

rsync -az --progress -e ssh fedorapeople.org:/srv/repos/openstack/ /your/path

thanks,
Pádraig.