Fedora 18 RC1 Amazon EC2 images available for testing

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 8 17:06:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 01:30:59PM +0100, Vitaly Kuznetsov wrote:
> I'm concerned a bit about the absence of some basic tools: acl,
> attr, openssl. Shouldn't we include them by default?

I'm open to the discussion.

openssl is pulled in as a dependency if you install mod_ssl, which isn't
there by default. In what other cases would it be useful to have it
pre-installed?

Acl and attr are tiny, but it's my experience that people mostly manage
cloud hosts as single-user systems. What's the use case for them, and
how widespread is it?

> Everything else looks fine for me.

Cool -- thanks for checking.