random package of the day (#2): kbd?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 1 16:47:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 12:42:50PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> This package is all about the virtual console. However, the virtual console
> doesn't seem to outright break without it, for cases like OpenStack or local
> libvirt where a console might actually be available. We save a very exciting
> 4.5MB on disk if we don't install this. Any strong opinions?

PS: this and authconfig are the only obvious leaf packages in the cloud
image rawhide at this point. If we want to get smaller than this, there's
really no more low-hanging fruit.

(The previously-mentioned project of removing cheetah use from cloud-init is
probably the next step.)

We do have the qcow2 image down to around 200MB, though, so I'm not feeling
a big need to obsess any more. This just seemed like it might be low-hanging
fruit we could kick off.