Fedora 19 cloud images ready to go!

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 16:04:40 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I noticed the following text in the F19 downloadable cloud images section on http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options#cloud --

**
Download these images for use with your local private cloud, or to modify and upload to a public cloud. The qcow2 images can be used directly by OpenStack. The raw.xz images can be used by other cloud infrastructure software but will need to be uncompressed first.
For any doubts about running Instances on OpenStack read the official documentation.
**

And the "official documentation" points to openstack.redhat.com - which may be the official RDO documentation - but I would have thought that "official documentation" might point to http://docs.openstack.org/ - or as a second guess to fedora cloud documentation. I'm not sure "official" is the most descriptive/valid word here - although those docs are reasonably decent - perhaps upstream or another word would be better?

As an aside: I notice that the upstream, upstream openstack docs (at docs.openstack.org) currently have a "basic installation guide for F18" showing - is anyone interested in getting that updated, or is the upstream precedent more likely to be to have F19 documentation after the release of Havana?

-robyn