Fedora 19 cloud images ready to go!

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Jul 2 18:31:45 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 10:30 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:

>> As an aside: I notice that the upstream, upstream openstack docs (at
>> docs.openstack.org) currently have a "basic installation guide for F18"
>> showing - is anyone interested in getting that updated, or is the upstream
>> precedent more likely to be to have F19 documentation after the release of
>> Havana?
>
> I hope that someone is, but it's probably the OpenStack community people
> here who may not be reading deep into this thread about the guest images. I
> think those docs come from
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_on_Fedora_18

As a newcomer here I'll say I had an early encounter with that page and
wouldn't mind seeing it improved - not to mention providing a bit more
automation into the setup.  Don't yet feel competent to propose such
improvements, and maybe I'll never get there, but I am keeping notes....

I'd suggest it's up to the Fedora Project what the sensible binding is
in upstream docs (and, perhaps, to "make it so")?  To me it would be the
version that's natively in the distro's repository (so f19 <=> grizzly),
there could then be a pointer to a separate doc on installing a later
version, from source, whatever.

cheers,

-- mats