Fedora Cloud Guide

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 18:22:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:08:00AM -0600, Pete Travis wrote:
>> I'm exited about digging in to this one.  We'll try to make questions to
>
> Awesome. This is a huge missing piece and it's actually been kind of
> weighing on me as something that needs work.
>
>> this list as informed as possible, and give anyone here that is
>> interested the chance to review the guide at semi-regular intervals.
>>
>> I'll get in touch with Robyn for EC2, and I guess
>> infra at lists.fedoraproject.org for openstack?
>
> Yes although probably either #fedora-admin on freenode, or filing a work
> ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ is going to be
> more effective.
>
>> Are there other platforms we should consider targeting after that?
>> Joyent and rackspace come to mind, and others who might be willing to
>> donate a few cycles in exchange for some exposure - if we wanted to go
>> in that direction.
>
> Rackspace, yes. The HP Public Cloud people are active here and very friendly
> too. (See recent Fedora 19 announcement.) Both of those are OpenStack
> underneath, although Rackspace is built on top of Xen so things are a little
> different. Joyent is a whole 'nuther animal... they do currently support
> Fedora, and I'll reach out to them to see what more they might be interested
> in.

Let me know what resources you need in the HP Cloud (OpenStack on top
of KVM) and I'll try to make it happen. Matt has a gratis account but
if you need a more formal Fedora account just shout. As long as you're
not planing to upload terabytes of data blobs or try to crunch the
latest CERN dataset we should be Ok.

...Juerg