NOZEROCONF=yes needs te be set in OpenStack instance image.

Etsuji Nakai enakai at redhat.com
Sun Jun 9 11:49:28 UTC 2013

Hi Matt,

Your Fedora18 cloud image in http://mattdm.fedorapeople.org/cloud-images/ is referred as a sample image in RDO document (http://openstack.redhat.com/Running_an_instance). But it has a problem that it cannot access the meta-data in OpenStack environment because NOZEROCONF=yes is not set in /etc/sysconfing/network. In OpenStack environment, meta-data is accessed via http://169.254.169.254 and it should be routed to the external gateway.

I was suggested in RDO Forum that I'd better ask you to change it.

http://openstack.redhat.com/forum/discussion/187/nozeroconfyes-should-be-set-in-the-instance-image

Can you update the image with "NOZEROCONF=yes"?

Thanks,

- Etsuji