Server SSH Key not in Log

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 14 15:03:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 09:34:03AM -0400, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> When I launch the new i386 Fedora 19 image at AWS US East, I don't see the
> ssh server public keys nor their fingerprints. I have a bootstrap script
> that builds an image based on this image that obtains the public key from
> an API call that retrieves the console. No key and the script breaks.

The stuff in the other message aside, there is another thing that can be
problematic. Since systemd starts services in parallel, there's no guarantee
that messages to the console will come in any particular order, or even that
they'll not come at the same time. So, it's possible that the host key
dumped to the console might get another message right in the middle.