Test Results for F19 EC2 AMIs

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 20 14:37:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 03:46:22PM -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> We have a little over a week until the first F19 final go/no-go meeting
> (where we decide whether or not the release is done) and there are no
> posted results for F19 final AMI tests yet.

The recent TCs have been broken to various degrees. TC4 totally failed to
inject ssh host keys in EC2, and TC3 and TC5 both had the annoying problem
with selinux-based failure. This has been a barrier to widespread testing.

TC6 is available now, so we should be able to get wider testing, even if a
bit late (I'll post a separate message about that for more visibility in a
minute).

> The relevant test cases are:
>  - QA:Testcase_EC2_AMI_Validation
>  - QA:Testcase_Boot_Methods_Xen_Para_Virt

For F20, I would like to work with the QA team to add some more cloud-image specific
release criteria. Some that come to mind:

 1. Cloud-init tests, which should work in both openstack and ec2:

  * filesystem grown to use available storage

  * swap is enabled (in ec2; not sure about openstack)

  * cloud-config userdata works:
    - change username
    - install packages

 2. Validation of downloadable qcow2 and raw images in OpenStack
   * copy ec2 case, basically

 3. Basic image sanity tests

   * size
     - qcow2 size