TC6 cloud images available in EC2 and for download

Giulio Fidente gfidente at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 21 11:33:11 UTC 2013

On 06/21/2013 01:25 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> There isn't one -- the account is created with a locked password, so you can
>>> log in via key only.
>> yeah so I was expecting that but key injection works for root not for fedora
>> how am I supposed to pass the public key for the fedora user?
>
> Cloud-init should take care of it. Is it not? What environment?

indeed that is working as expected, when passing userdata

the openstack injection facility I referred to appends data into the
authorized_keys file by loopmounting the image before it starts, it's
not something achieved via cloud-init

I see that the fedora account has a the password locked anyway so there
is nothing to worry about if one is taking the route of key injection
--
Giulio Fidente
IRC: giulivo