Fedora 20 cloud plans?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Wed Jun 26 18:50:51 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-26, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Improving the Cloud Image
>=========================
> - disable the gettys by default?

Well, start at least one, for those of us using these images outside of
EC2 environments where we may actually have console access.

It would be nice if we could enable console output by default if that's
not already happening (not running a getty on the console; just ensuring
that kernel messages go out the serial port if one is available).

> - look at the logging configuration (rsyslog/journald double-logging issue;
>   look at memory and on-disk journald consumption)

I would love to see a systemd-only base configuration for cloud images.
If I want remote logging I'll install rsyslog as part of the initial
deployment.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at oddbit.com>