Pushing cloud-utils to stable

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 6 09:46:26 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Pádraig Brady <P at draigbrady.com> wrote:

> On 03/06/2013 08:30 AM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > cloud-utils can be pushed to stable but it has 0 karma. What's the
> > process? Should I wait until dracut-modules-growroot is in testing and
> > then ask people to test the two (since they kind of belong together)
> > hoping for some karma or should I go ahead and push cloud-utils
> > already (and how would I do that)?
>
> Getting enough karma is ideal, but often it doesn't happen,
> and you push when you get an email saying the testing
> period has expired.
>
> The packages do go together, so ideally one would have
> them in the same update, but I'd push cloud-utils now
> in case that helps to shake out any more issue early.
>
> thanks,
> Pádraig.

cloud-init is very useful even without growroot support. So I'd agree with
Padraig to push it now. Also, since it's the first version you are unlikely
to introduce any regressions (i.e. karma doesn't really matter anyway).

To push, you log in to Bodhi, navigate to your update and press the push
button. Also, the "can now be pushed" email should include a direct link
IIRC.

-- Sandro