putting together the growpart pieces

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 19:13:49 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 10:59:55AM +0100, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
>> For F18 you need:
>> - cloud-utils for the growpart script
>
> I notice that this pulls in quite a few other things. For the current cloud
> image, it adds
>
>    ceph-libs
>    cryptopp
>    euca2ools
>    gdisk
>    libaio
>    libicu
>    libseccomp
>    m2crypto
>    python-crypto
>    python-paramiko
>    qemu-img
>
> Could we subpackage the growroot script? (It's kind of random that it's in
> _this_ package instead of cloud-init itself, isn't it? Maybe upstream would
> consider moving it?)

I asked that too a while ago and upstream wasn't totally against it.
The latest cloud-init that supports growroot also supports the use of
'parted' instead of the growpart script. Haven't tried it but that
would make all my cloud-utils packaging efforts a waste of time and we
don't want that, do we? ;-)

...Juerg