Fedora 19 image on EC2

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 14 19:44:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 04:44:33PM +0200, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
> Are there any plans for OpenStack images? The Ec2 kickstart probably
> works but it is a little too Amazonian for an OpenStack image.

I'm working to get rid of the differences, and in fact just changed the EC2
kickstart to be a symlink to the generic cloud one. (This has the extlinux
bootloader installed, which won't be used in EC2 but is small enough that I
think doesn't hurt and is worthwhile in the name of keeping these
differences down.)

The remaining big things that are EC2-ish are:

  - ec2-user as default username, which I'm still open to discussion about.
  - a kludge on the i386 image for performance under Xen (bugzilla #708406)