Default cloud user name

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 24 15:34:25 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 17:28:38 +0200
Juerg Haefliger <juergh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Matt. Security wise it doesn't make a lot of sense. But
> it protects the casual user from shooting himself in the foot. What's
> the downside?

As yet I've not met a sysadmin whose abilities I respect who wasn't
immediately annoyed by it. Who didn't think "How cute, please get away
from me".

Sorry for the contempt - it is not for you - it is for those folks who
thinks this SOLVES something .

Matt,
 I take issue with your lawn mower analogy. When the person using the
 mower does, invariably, have to take the blade cover off they almost
 always end up hurting themselves b/c they are not prepared for it
 being sharp and dangerous.

I don't think we're helping them by putting padding around it  - it
just means they are more dangerous when they have to take the padding
off and they ALWAYS do.

However, I'm not going to be a pain about this - I've had my say and
I'll step away from it. I will say that if we're going to choose names
for the user account then I'd call it 'pebkac'

-sv