Default cloud user name

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 29 06:17:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, 28 May 2013 21:59:39 -0600
Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 May 2013 11:34:25 -0400
> seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > I don't think we're helping them by putting padding around it  - it
> > just means they are more dangerous when they have to take the
> > padding off and they ALWAYS do.
> >
> > However, I'm not going to be a pain about this - I've had my say and
> > I'll step away from it. I will say that if we're going to choose
> > names for the user account then I'd call it 'pebkac'
>
> Let's drop  "alias rm rm -i" from Fedora first. Same logic applies.
>
> -- Pete

If we had always provided a user who was not root to login to all
fedora installs - I'd agree with you. Arguing against that would be
seeking to change user expectation and that wouldn't be a good place to
argue from. but we're talking about something for the future that isn't
defined, yet.

so we might as well start from a better place.

-sv