[Fedora-legal-list] Hosting Fedora cloud images

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 20:14:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 09:48:52AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> So there are a few immediate problems (some of them in virt-builder
> itself).
>
> (1) Virt-builder really needs to be able to source images from
> multiple places.  At the moment there is only one source location
> allowed, unless the user clumsily uses the --source option to point at
> another one.

Fixed in 1.25.3 (development version).  In Fedora terms this means
Fedora 21, but I could backport the upstream patches to Fedora 20 if
people are interested in this.

> (3) Virt-builder requires all images to be GPG-signed.  It worries me
> that these images are neither signed nor downloaded over https.

The solution to this (further down the thread) was to use checksums in
the index file.  This is possible in 1.24.1 (stable version, Fedora 20) &
1.25.3.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v