[Fedora-legal-list] Hosting Fedora cloud images

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 1 21:04:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 08:34:50PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/19/Images/x86_64/

We can't (easily) do this for older releases, since those bits are out the
door. But hopefully we can get it there for F20. See
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5805 and please add anything to it
that helps explain what's needed.

> I would then add the URL of the index file [mirroring?] to
> virt-builder, and it all ought to Just Work ...

If you use download.fedoraproject.org URLs, like

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/19/Images/

or

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/20/Images/index.asc

they're automatically redirected by mirrormanager.

> But also ..  you might decide that the index format (which I'll admit
> to just hacking together over one night) is not right in which case we
> could use another format.  It would, of course, need to cover all the
> fields that the current index has.

It looks fine to me. Nice and simple.