Attending AWS re:Invent - what would you like to know?

Haïkel Guémar hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 11 19:52:34 UTC 2013

Le 11/11/2013 17:28, Joe Brockmeier a écrit :
> I'm going to be going to AWS re:Invent this week with an eye to talking
> to people about how they're using images on AWS and how Fedora can
> improve there. (Among other things.)
>
> If you were in my shoes, any specific questions you'd like answers to?
>
> Best,
>
> jzb

Hi,

I have many questions but i'll focus on our mainline product aka cloud
image:
* what do expect to find on a base image and what you actually find ?
Are there any missing tools or unrequired stuff ?
* which frequency, do you refresh your images ? (system updates,
application updates etc...)
* do you use any tool to generate your own images ? which ones ?
* do you use configuration management tools on your images like Puppet,
Chef, Ansible ? Would you like to get them embedded on our images ?
* if Fedora Cloud Product was offering parallel installable applicative
stacks (ie: python 2.7/3.3, php 5.4/5.5/5.6, java 6/7/8 etc.), would you
use it ? Would it solve any issue in your day job ?
* support duration ? 1/2/3 years ?
* update frequency of the base image ? weekly ? monthly ?

best regards,
H.