GCE - cloud init, or google-daemon/google-startup-scripts

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Wed Nov 13 17:59:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:55:39PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I don't _absolutely_ love cloud-init, but it's well-understood and common,
> and fits with our existing images, making it easier to document how to do
> things with our image, and etc.
>
> What do we think?

I think the more places on which we can use the same initial
configuration mechanism the better.  If cloud-init can abstract out
the difference between AWS and Google such that I can create a single
image that will work correctly in both places, that seems awesome.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ irc
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | "   "  @ twitter