Fedora.next Product Branding for Cloud

H. Guémar hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 20 16:16:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

since i might be unable to join the cloud WG meeting, here are my thoughts
about it:

0. no opinion, i'd favor having one portal for every products, we could
follow the example of the current spins web page.
For instance a landing page could show various usage of Fedora: Cloud,
Server, Desktop etc... and users could click on the logo (followed by a
brief description stating the goals of the product)
1. Just Enough OS for developping SaaS applications in an agile & devops
fashion :).
2. developers *and* operators that develop and maintain SaaS applications
(could be hosted on a cloud, virtualization server, etc...)
Our target should be able to focus on their job (programming, maintaining
apps and bringing values to their customers/users)
3 &4. I'd say: Amazon Linux (Amazon custom Enterprise Linux flavor), Ubuntu
AMI, CentOS (which tries to be THE enterprise Linux for cloud hosting and
base image), docker (albeit in a different fashion), bitnami

H.