Attention Cloud WG nominees

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Mon Oct 21 16:54:51 UTC 2013

On 18/10/13 19:59, Matthew Miller wrote:
> This is a message for people who have self-nominated for the Fedora
> Cloud Product Working Group (FCPWG?). As the FESCo coordinator for the
> group, it's my job to narrow down the list to the initial 9 voting
> members. I was going to send this individually, but then I thought, eh,
> let's do it in public. If you want to send me other thoughts off-line
> too, go for it. And if you're not in the list of nominees I'd still
> value your input into some of the concepts.
Hey Matt,

first of all, I need to apologize for being so disruptive and bring up
my thoughts so late.

Compared cloud SIG/WG to Fedora base/core or how you're calling it, one
could compare it like RDO to RHEL (with way more QE both produce RHOS).

My personal background is, I'm working upsream/downstream on OpenStack
for Red Hat (as you might know/have already guessed).

>From product perspective, we have a major issue in system upgrades. It
gets harder, when you'd like to upgrade your infrastructure during
production or with minimal disruption. This is something, Ubuntu/Debian
does a lot better than us, but customers are asking for this and will
ask for in the future.

I'm not sure, if this is something we can or even if we should try to
solve in Fedora-land.

Count me in for the WG for all todo-items; I'm a packager, sponsor and
proven packager in fedora, and a proven tester as well (although this
doesn't count anything anymore)

Best regards,
Matthias
--