Attention Cloud WG nominees

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 12:22:03 UTC 2013

On 10/25/2013 08:32 AM, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Hey,
> I just wanted to quickly point out oVirt Node here [0] which is
> currently a "tiny" image which actually does this: Just run containers
> (in this case qemu instances, but probably extendable to other
> containers too).
> Our concept is different - we provide Node as an image (like a firmware)
> and not package based - like a server. We are currently consuming Fedora
> and CentOS packages to build those "Hypervisor" images.
>
> I'd be happy to join in here, because it feels like Node doesn't fit
> into the Server group.

If your note runs daemon/service as in it's an application (or set of
applications) that runs in the background waiting to be used, or
carrying out essential tasks on an pyshical/vm or in container or in
other words basically it's an systemd/upstart/sysv unit/service or an
container that can be started and enable with the systemd and service
commands and is not part of the desktop/graphical target ( such as
gdm.service which thus makes it part of the workstation group ), it
belongs with the server WG

JBG