[Fedora-legal-list] Hosting Fedora cloud images

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Oct 28 14:33:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 02:29:19PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I think having metadata is a good idea.  At the very least it allows
> you to have a tool where you can list available images, their sizes,
> locations and notes.  The virt-builder index ties in with libosinfo as
> well, allowing a tool to download cloud images, consult the libosinfo
> database, and present the guests with the right amount of RAM, correct
> virtual devices and so on.

One thing I should add: I'm not fussed about the specific format
currently used by virt-builder for the index.  However whatever format
is used would need to contain at least the same information as the
virt-builder index, and be signed.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-builder.1.html#creating-and-signing-the-index-file

Rich.