ZOMG WHAT ARE WE BUILDING?!

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 20:21:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:59:00AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> I know ubuntu is working on supporting ARM in openstack, I really think
> we should as well. We should go big or go home. all of this change is
> about making Fedora bigger and better. This is a avenue we should
> pursue. while ppc is a secondary arch we need to also consider it.
> there is a lot of work inside of IBM on KVM and openstack.

I'd agree we need to target ARM at some point, not sure that it's a
viable target for the majority of developers in the next 6-12 months (at
minimum). As was mentioned earlier, no public cloud provider is
offering ARM as an option currently or likely in the very near future.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst