Disabling firewalld on AWS?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 11 15:24:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:30:26AM -0400, Sam Kottler wrote:
> The way that services run on public clouds is fundamentally different from
> the way they run on physical hardware & most private clouds. We shouldn't
> be treating the AMI's the same as the iso's because they are meant to
> serve a different purpose.

So, this hits on one of the big concerns: we've previously agreed that it's
important to make the image as identical as possible across all clouds
public and private. If we drop a default packet filter from the EC2 AMI,
this means dropping it from the downloadable qcow2 as well. Or, if we change
that, it's a bigger change in strategy.