Disabling firewalld on AWS?

Wilbur K Smith wilbur.k.smith at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 04:09:20 UTC 2013

Hello Folks,
I support keeping any additional security on my default. I would alctually
support having more security enabled by default in any cloud image since it
is most likely sitting on top of an environment you don't directly manage
(Amazon EC2).

Would it make more since to trigger an additional configuration dialog that
would help with fine-grained configuration of the images security features.
This could be a script based config triggered after Anaconda finished.

I know this would be yet another feature to develop and implement, but I
would prefer to have a cloud image "locked down" as much as possible by
default, but make it as simple as possible for a novice to disable features
they may not need.

This is a good debate though.

Wilbur

Wilbur K. Smith