Disabling firewalld on AWS?

Wilbur K Smith wilbur.k.smith at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 20:38:29 UTC 2013

Good point,
What about a terminal based security configuration wizard that could be
launched by the user after the install finishes? I don't know if any
current solutions exist that would allow  a novice to easily configure
security-groups and firewall/iptables after an install completes. I think
if you combine some of the most common hardening tasks into an easy to use
script with some default templates, it could make things a bit simpler.
Hopefully this would eliminating some of the reasons folks just disable the
security features. I think the SELinux troubleshooter has helped accomplish
the same thing for desktop installs.

Wilbur

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:09:20PM -0600, Wilbur K Smith wrote:
> > Would it make more since to trigger an additional configuration dialog
> that
> > would help with fine-grained configuration of the images security
> features.
> > This could be a script based config triggered after Anaconda finished.
>
> I don't think that would work, since the user never sees anaconda, just the
> resulting image. And in that image, we don't really want anything to be
> interactive since it must be usable "out-of-the-box" as a non-interactive
> deployment target.
>

> --
> Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <
> mattdm at fedoraproject.org>

Wilbur K. Smith
wilbur.k.smith at gmail.com