[cloud] #22: File F21 change: Ability to install without documentation (w/optional install later)

cloud nobody at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 1 13:38:14 UTC 2014

#22: File F21 change: Ability to install without documentation (w/optional
install later)
----------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mattdm          |      Owner:
     Type:  task            |     Status:  new
Component:  Docker (Other)  |   Keywords:
----------------------------+------------------------------------------
 '''Summary:''' In many cases, users will not want documentation on cloud
 images. We should be able to provide support to create/deliver cloud
 images without documentation but still have it available for installation
 if desired.

 '''NOTE:''' we need to decide on an image-by-image basis whether we will
 include the docs by default. Previously there was strong SIG support for
 leaving man pages in the image for administrator convenience. We should
 affirm that decision or, if we want to change it, do so intentionally.
 It's likely that the docker host image _won't_ contain docs but the cloud
 base host image will. Docker _container_ images more certainly won't.

 '''Importance:''' moderate

 '''Timeframe:''' F21 alpha / should be at least mostly implemented by
 alpha or will not be ready for this release.

 Scope. self-contained

 Cloud SIG owner. mattdm

 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Optional_documentation_cloud_image

--