trac messages to list [was Re: [cloud] #29: Coordinate Features that aren't filed]

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 2 13:02:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 09:51:05PM +0000, Collins, Robert (Converged Cloud) wrote:
> Why are bugtracker emails being sent to the list at all?

To be a bit pedantic, they are not actually bug tracker emails, because
we're tracking work effort, not bugs. The ticket system is for organizing
what we as a SIG are working on, or need to work on, or think we want to
work on (and for the Cloud WG as a subset of the SIG).

The messages don't *have* to go to the list and we can certainly turn that
off if it seems to be doing more harm than good, but I didn't want the
tracker to turn into yet another place to look that we all forget about. I
don't think there is really going to be a an overwhelming amount of ticket
traffic, although there will be a mini-avalanche as we get the (not working
at all) wiki todo list converted.

If you have any suggestions for doing this better, I'm all ears!

If you want to filter them out, there is an 'X-Trac-Ticket-ID:' header, by
the way.

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"