image architecture -- probably no 32-bit for docker, big data?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 30 15:55:12 UTC 2014

I know we discussed keeping the 32-bit image around, but I don't think we
actually covered the specialized images.

Docker doesn't even support 32 bit hosts -- it may someday, but even then,
the assumption of most containers is gonna be 64-bit x86_64.

And I don't think it makes sense to have a 32-bit big data image, but maybe
I'm wrong on that for certain workloads?

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"