Fedora cloud qcow2 images

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 16:44:20 UTC 2014

On 12/09/2014 11:38 AM, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 11:24:29AM -0500, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> The images expect cloud-init to set the root password, right? So unless it's
>> documented how to work around that, we shouldn't advertise for anything but
>> a cloud environment.
>
> I'm not sure I understand your comment...this is the cloud download
> page.  The *raw* image is for cloud environments, too :).  I am just
> suggesting that we make both formats obviously available.

I misunderstood, I thought you were saying that _all_ images are hidden behind
the openstack question. Obviously I should have looked at the actual page.

But your original email also mentions 'libvirt users', which I took to mean
'running libvirt not through a cloud', and my point was that those cloud
images won't 'just work' in that case due to dependency on cloud-init.

- Cole