Features for F22

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 12 16:40:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 02:45:02PM +0530, Kushal Das wrote:
> It is time again to start discussion on the new features we want to
> work for Fedora 22 release. The release schedule can be found at [1].
> Please reply to this thread with the ideas you think will fit to
> Fedora 22 timeline.
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/22/Schedule?rd=Releases/22

It'd be nice to look at networking replacing initscripts approach
<https://fedorahosted.org/cloud/ticket/14>

looks like going forward, either systemd-networkd or networkmanager
can use a much more lightweight dhcp client, and since that's our
biggest out-of-box memory consumer that's a big win just for that. Plus
initscripts are deprecated so we should get with the program. :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>