EC2 cloud image size

Dmitry Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Tue Dec 16 22:07:12 UTC 2014

On 12/16/2014 03:00 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 02:40:46PM -0700, Dmitry Makovey wrote:
>> I just tried to spin up "cloud" instance of F21 on EC2 only to discover
>> it's requirements for 12G volume (???). Am I doing something wrong or
>> did F21 jumped from moderate 2-3G (F20) over to 12G "overnight". I
>> assumed "cloud image" would be a tiny set of packages with very little
>> requirements to fit into all flavors offered by EC2 and alike. Was this
>> done to accommodate Docker?
>
> This is something in the upload process — it was supposed to be fixed
> in the final and maybe that got overlooked.
>
> It is in fact actually quite small — under 400MB on disk.

that is what I thought - looking inside the instance not much space was
utilized, however lots got "reserved".

Does it mean that "soon enough" we'll see an updated AMI with moderate
disk demands?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330