F21 Atomic update available

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Sat Dec 27 19:06:35 UTC 2014

On 12/27/2014 10:26 AM, Steven Dake wrote:
> On 12/20/2014 12:32 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
>> I should have cross posted, but here's the link:
>>
>> https://lists.projectatomic.io/projectatomic-archives/atomic/2014-December/msg00001.html

> Colin,
>
> Typically Fedora doesn't respin new images, but no tooling currently
> works (ie libguestfs is busted) with Atomic images (the raw variety)
> to update the existing shipped raw at:
>
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/21/Cloud/Images/x86_64/Fedora-Cloud-Atomic-20141203-21.x86_64.raw.xz
>

> I'm not quite sure how to get the latest update into a *fresh* raw
> image to load into OpenStack for Ironic bare metal deployment. Any ideas?
>
> It sure would be nice if there was a third download link
> at:https://getfedora.org/cloud/download/ which had the latest
> rpmostree bits packaged into an image so we don't have to roll our own
> (magically, how? :)
>
> Thanks
> -steve
>
> _
Note for others trying to get an updated image, I hacked a password into
the "fedora" account (edit the shadow file) via guestfish, and was able
to update my qcow2 booting from virsh, then saving my qcow2 for later use.

I also filed a bug for virt-builder to add support for fedora-atomic.
Not sure what other tools people are using, but neither oz-customize nor
virt-builder support ostree filesystem layouts.

Regards
-steve