min-metadata-service 2014.2

Haïkel Guémar hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 11 23:51:59 UTC 2014

Le 12/02/2014 00:32, Colin Walters a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> https://github.com/cgwalters/min-metadata-service
>
> is a new project of mine which might be of interest to a potential few
> people here in the cloud space that are building smaller operating
> systems - small enough to not include Python (or other scripting
> languages).
>
> I just released 2014.2, and it successfully provisions SSH keys from
> OpenStack.

Thanks for bringing this here, it could be useful in constrained
environments.
We were having discussions about alternatives to cloud-init, it might be
worthy to keep an eye on min-metadata-service in the long run.
At least, we should document it so people who wants to build custom
cloud images could use it. (packaging is already done, so i assume it is
planned to be submitted to the packages collection if it's not already done)

regards,
H.