Fedora cloud internships available

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 7 13:56:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 11:25:37AM -0500, Tim Ski wrote:
> I can volunteer a big chunk of time (nights/weekends) to CI/CD AMI builds.
> I am currently the AMI lead/builder at FINRA. I'll just need access to
> toolsets and current method of builds. I also lead the CloudStack DC
> meetup group.

Awesome.  Let's see if we can find the best way of getting you plugged in.
The current builds are generated by Release Engineering through our Koji
build system. That means that there are two groups in Fedora who are
responsible / connected to the process.

First, Release Engineering, of course. This is headed up by Dennis Gilmore.
He's been looking at ways to help open up the team and to move to more agile
methodologies. Take a look at the wiki page
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering (and of course particularly
the "Joining" section).

Also, take a look at https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/tree/scripts
for the current scripts used to control the build process.

Second, Fedora Infrastructure. Kevin Fenzi is the current lead. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure and the dedicated "Getting
Started" page at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted.

Let me know if this gives you something to go on, or if there's more I can
do to get you going. We definitely appreciate the help!